What is Bowker DOCS?
Data Optimization & Cleansing Services: A comprehensive meta data solution designed to enhance the creation, cleaning, distribution, discoverability, and analysis of a publisher’s catalog. These suite of services is geared toward publishers with >500 titles who would like to streamline their workflow and produce more complete data for their customers.
- Are your titles ready for prime time?
- Are your titles headed in the right direction?
- Are your titles optimized for discoverability?
- How well do you know what is being published?
What are the benefits of DOCS?
Publishers have benefited from the following customized solutions:
- ONIX conversion and distribution to parties that are not already Bowker customers, such as Amazon, Baker & Taylor, and Ingram Book Company.
- ISBN tracing related to past mergers and acquisitions, allowing the publisher to understand which parts of an ISBN prefix they purchased and which parts went to other publishers.
- Assistance with Google Book Settlement research since LCCNs may be the only identifier on pre 1978 publications.
- Data extracted from Books In Print was used to fill gaps in a publisher’s system for contributor data, BISAC codes, and audience.
View our PowerPoint to learn more about how Bowker can assist your company with these issues.
Contact us today regarding these invaluable services ...